Available 24/7. Night and weekend appointments are available.
Experienced Columbia, MD Injury Attorneys By Your Side
Help for injury and malpractice victims when you need it most
We live in Howard County. All of our lawyers live in Howard County. Partners, Bruce Plaxen and Harry Adler raised their families in Howard County. After 28 years in our Century Plaza location, we moved to Lakeside in 2013.
After a serious personal injury at work, in a hospital or in a public place, you may feel overwhelmed and under-prepared to handle the new challenges in your life. At Plaxen & Adler, P.A., we understand how frightened and anxious you must feel. That is why our lawyers have spent their entire working lives protecting the rights and futures of injury victims throughout Maryland. From our home office in Columbia, we help people just like you begin the healing process by fighting for the compensation you need in order to protect yourself and your family.
You do not have to suffer through an injury alone. Plaxen & Adler, P.A. has the skills, experience and resources you want on your side. We advocate for our clients in courtrooms and in settlement negotiations, so you can focus your efforts on your health and your future.
How we can help
Plaxen & Adler, P.A. protects the rights and best interests of people who have been injured, through no fault of their own. Our dedicated team of attorneys has successfully represented Columbia residents and visitors in cases involving:
- Auto accidents. With nearly 100,000 people living in Columbia, MD, many of them commuting to Baltimore or Washington D.C., your chances of being involved in a car, truck or motorcycle crash are high. We help you obtain the compensation you need to pay your bills, handle your medical expenses and care for your family’s future after a motor vehicle crash.
- Premises liability. When you are injured on someone else’s property, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. We take on complex premises liability cases involving dog bites, slip-and-falls, and defective elevators and escalators.
- Product liability. A product with a poor design or a manufacturing defect can cause serious injuries to consumers. If you were injured or made ill by a defective product, Plaxen & Adler, P.A. can help protect your rights.
- Medical malpractice. Doctors and hospitals must be held to a different standard of care. When they fail to provide that care, or are negligent in their treatment of you or your loved one, you may be able to file a medical malpractice lawsuit against them. Our lawyers can help explain how medical malpractice lawsuits work, and determine whether or not you have a claim if you were injured by a negligent doctor, a contaminated injection or by unsafe practices. We also represent families whose children suffered a birth trauma during delivery.
- Workers’ compensation. You have the right to expect a safe working environment. In 2013 alone, 78 people lost their lives in a work-related accident. At Plaxen & Adler, P.A., we help injury victims through the workers’ compensation process, and protect their families in the event of a tragic loss.
- Social Security Disability. The SSD process can be complicated, especially for people who have no experience filing for benefits. We help you file your claim, and assist those whose SSD benefits have been denied by filing an appeal.
You have enough to worry about after you sustained an injury; at Plaxen & Adler, P.A., we strive to create a stress-free environment in which to tell your story, and to resolve your case in as timely a manner as possible without sacrificing what is best for you.
Contact our Columbia, Maryland office today to make an appointment
Plaxen & Adler, P.A. provides comprehensive care for personal injury victims in Columbia and throughout Maryland. When your illness or injury makes it impossible to come to our office, we will gladly come to you. To schedule a free initial consultation, please call 410.730.7737 or fill out our convenient contact form.