Accident and Injury Lawyers in Maryland
Serving clients in Baltimore, Howard County and throughout the state
If you sustained injuries in an accident, you have special needs. Come to the lawyers who handle only personal injury cases. Let us put our more than 60 years combined legal experience to work for you to maximize your compensation under Maryland injury law.
Many personal injury cases settle out of court. Plaxen & Adler, P.A., negotiates your settlements to maximize the level of compensation that those who caused your injury pay. However, if the settlement offers you receive are not commensurate with your damages, we are fully prepared to take your case to trial. We apply our in-depth knowledge of Maryland personal injury law to zealously protect your rights.
Our personal injury practice
Our attorneys take on claims involving all types of personal injury accidents and claims, including:
- Automobile accidents: Car and truck accidents cause extensive physical injuries and property damage. Do not get stuck with paying the bills if someone else negligently caused your accident. Get help with your automobile accident by contacting an experienced attorney.
- Medical malpractice: Doctors and nurses owe you a special duty of care. If they breach that duty and cause you harm, you have the right to pursue compensation for lost wages, current and future medical expenses, and more. Learn more about medical malpractice claims.
- Workers’ compensation claims: Workers’ compensation claims require special knowledge and experience with the intricate forms and interrelationships between employee, employer and insurer. If you’ve been injured while on the job, take action to get the compensation you deserve.
- Social Security Disability claims: The Social Security Disability Insurance process is complex and requires strict adherence to requirements. One misstep can lead you to a denial. For the greatest likelihood of success, seek out knowledgeable assistance with your initial filing, your denied claim or your SSD appeal.
- Product liability: A design defect, a problem during manufacturing or a marketing error can lead to a defective product injury. Learn more about product liability claims and what steps you can take to recover full and fair compensation.
- Premises liability: Whether you sustained injuries while at a friend’s house or while shopping at the mall, you have the right to pursue damages to cover your financial losses. Let us help you understand what a premises liability claim looks like and whether you have a claim worth pursuing.
- Wrongful death: Any personal injury accident can cause severe injuries and lead to death. In these circumstances, pursuing a wrongful death claim not only allows you to recover damages to assist with your loved one’s final expenses, but it also provides you with the opportunity to hold the negligent party accountable for his or her actions or inaction.
- Slip-and-fall injuries: A slip-and-fall injury is a specific type of premises liability case that often occurs due to a store’s or property owner’s negligence. If you suffered harm after a slip-and-fall, seek out the compensation you deserve.
- Elevator and escalator injuries: Improperly manufactured or maintained elevators or escalators can cause permanent, debilitating injuries. We have experience handling elevator and escalator injury cases and can put that experience to work for you.
- Dog Bites: If you’ve been bitten or injured by a dog, you may be able to seek compensation for injuries suffered from the dog bite.
- Cerebral palsy: Brain damage at birth can lead to cerebral palsy, a lifelong condition that will leave your child unable to care for him or herself. Seek out representation to help you obtain lifetime benefits for your child.
- Birth injuries: Improper medical techniques or negligent care in labor and delivery wards lead to birth injuries ranging from shoulder dystocia to brain injury. You can recover damages for this negligence that can help your child now and throughout his or her life.
- Fungal meningitis: If you contracted fungal meningitis after receiving a contaminated steroid injection, Contact a personal injury attorney for dedicated representation. If you have lost a loved one due to this terrible disease, we can also help.
If you are wondering if you have a claim, and if you do, whether you should settle or litigate, contact our Maryland personal injury law firm.
Call to schedule your free initial consultation with an experienced accident attorney
You have a relatively short period of time to file a personal injury lawsuit after the date of your accident. So if you suffered injuries in an accident and must now face medical expenses, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other related consequences, contact our Maryland accident lawyers. We have the experience and dedication required to see your claim through to the end. To schedule your free initial consultation, call us at 410-988-4449 or contact our Baltimore-area firm online.