Guidance and Support for People Injured in Maryland Hospitals
Protecting the rights of victims of emergency room errors since 1985
Hospitals can be dangerous places. According to the National Institute of Health, approximately 1 in 25 patients at acute care hospitals will develop another illness or infection during their stay. Many times, it is the negligence of the medical personnel who increases your risk of becoming seriously ill or injured while in an emergency room, hospital or healthcare facility.
At Plaxen Adler Muncy, P.A. we advocate on behalf of people who suffered further harm in a Maryland hospital or healthcare institution. For the last 35 years, our skilled team of personal injury and medical malpractice attorneys has protected the rights of victims throughout the state. We are prepared to handle difficult or complex cases. If you were hurt in a Maryland hospital, or if your emergency care caused you harm, we want to hear your story.
Common hospital errors
Plaxen Adler Muncy, P.A. provides comprehensive medical malpractice and personal injury services for cases involving all manner of hospital errors. Some of the claims we see most often include:
- Poor or inadequate communication between hospital staff members, and between the hospital and your general practitioner or specialists
- Failing to diagnose an illness in a timely manner
- Surgical errors
- Anesthesia errors
- Emergency room errors, such as discharging patients too quickly or ignoring patients altogether
- Medication errors
- Failing to monitor a patient’s vital signs, or to recognize signs of an infection
- Defective support devices, including unsafe bed rails and faulty electronic equipment
- Failing to maintain a sterile environment, or to follow protocol regarding hand washing and sterilizing tools, thus leading to an acquired infection
Hospitals (and emergency rooms in particular) can be chaotic places. The doctors and staff work for long rotations, and many times the facilities are understaffed. When you have suffered an injury, or lost a loved one because of negligence, Plaxen Adler Muncy, P.A. protects your rights and the future of your family. We have secured millions of dollars for our clients to help them after an accident or injury.
Maryland’s trusted authority in hospital and emergency room errors
You deserve the highest levels of care when you visit a hospital or emergency room. At Plaxen Adler Muncy, P.A. we advocate on your behalf when a negligent doctor or staff member has caused you serious harm. To schedule a free consultation at one of our nine offices throughout Maryland, please call 410-730-7737 or contact us online. If you cannot come to our office, we can make arrangements to visit you.