Baltimore Personal Injury Attorneys Fighting for You
Injury and auto accident attorneys representing Baltimore clients since 1985
We have our roots firmly planted in Baltimore. Both Harry Adler and David Muncy graduated from the University of Baltimore Law School with honors.
When another person’s negligence causes your injury, you want an attorney who will defend your rights. The Baltimore personal injury attorneys of Plaxen & Adler, P.A. have championed the people of Maryland for more than 30 years. Our dedicated personal injury lawyers understand that after an injury, you cannot wait for the compensation you need to pay your bills, receive your medical treatments, and care for your family. We offer comprehensive and thorough representation designed to help you begin your healing process as smoothly and as efficiently as possible.
An experienced team of Baltimore personal injury trial attorneys
Plaxen & Adler, P.A. is well-known in Baltimore and throughout Maryland for its willingness to try personal injury cases in court. Our Baltimore personal injury lawyers have successfully represented victims injured:
- In auto accidents involving cars, trucks, motorcycles, and pedestrians
- By dangerous or defective products, including automotive defects
- After slipping, tripping, and falling in public places or on construction sites
- By animal attacks
When you sustain a serious injury because of someone else’s negligent actions or inaction, Plaxen & Adler, P.A. has the skills and resources you want on your side. We thoroughly investigate all evidence of your accident, help you coordinate between the insurance companies, and review your options moving forward.
Damages for personal injury claims
If you prevail in a personal injury settlement or lawsuit, there are many different types of compensatory damages available, both economic and non-economic, including:
- Medical expenses
- Lost income
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of the enjoyment of life
- Loss of consortium (for spouses)
- Punitive damages (where appropriate)
We offer practical counsel about how you can proceed to recover compensation for your lost wages, medical bills, towing expenses, property damage, pain and suffering, and any scarring or disfigurement you have suffered. If you loved one has died, we can help you recover compensation for your funeral and burial expenses.
Support for injured workers
Every state has different rules regarding workers’ compensation claims. In Maryland, you are entitled to see a doctor of your choice, and you can file a claim to collect your lost wages and reimburse your medical expenses.
If regular employees sustain an injury arising out of their employment while doing their typical work tasks, they may qualify for workers’ compensation benefits. Some of the most common types of workplace injuries for which an injured worker might receive benefits include:
- Struck-by/struck against
- Transportation injuries
- Back and other musculoskeletal injuries
- Hearing loss
- Electrical shock
- Occupational lung diseases
- Repetitive motion injury
- Skin diseases
Because of the complex nature of workers’ compensation claims, many Baltimore workers are denied coverage when they first apply, owing to errors in the required documentation. Whether you are attempting to collect workers’ compensation for the first time, or need to appeal a decision, Plaxen & Adler, P.A. can help you through the process.
Guidance for victims of medical negligence
You have the right to expect a certain level of care from your doctor. When a doctor fails to provide that care, you may have a case for medical malpractice. Plaxen & Adler, P.A. offers support and guidance for people who have been injured in Baltimore hospitals, rehabilitation centers, nursing homes, and private practices. Some of the more common medical malpractice cases we see involve:
- Failure to diagnose and delayed diagnosis
- Defective medical products and dangerous drugs
- Surgical errors
- Medication errors, including mistake with anesthesia
- Acquired infections, such as fungal meningitis from tainted steroid injections, sepsis, and C. diff infections
- Brain damage caused by anesthesia errors or oxygen deprivation
- Birth injuries, such as cerebral palsy
Baltimore area hospitals and medical centers
Preventable medical errors are one of the leading causes of death in the United States. We have the most advanced medical capabilities in the world, yet people continue to die from hospital acquired infections, diagnostic errors, medication mistakes, and other injuries in our complicated healthcare system. The following is a list of area hospitals which could be experiencing any of these medical mistakes and infections:
- Johns Hopkins Hospital
- University of Maryland Medical Center
- Mercy Medical Center
- Sinai Hospital of Baltimore
- Anne Arundel Medical Center
- Howard County General Hospital
- MedStar Union Memorial Hospital
- University of Maryland St. Joseph Medical Center
- MedStar Franklin Square Medical Center
- University of Maryland Baltimore Washington Medical Center
Answers for your questions about Social Security Disability
Some accidents and health conditions can leave a person permanently disabled and unable to work. At Plaxen & Adler, P.A. we help people in and around Baltimore file for Social Security Disability, or SSD. To qualify you must:
- Worked for at least five of the past ten years in a job covered by Social Security
- Have a medical condition that meets the Social Security Administration’s definition of disability
- Be a U.S. citizen, a U.S. national, or naturalized alien
There is a multi-step process for filing, so working with an experienced attorney can increase your chances of receiving your SSD more quickly. We also assist our clients with the appeals process.
Contact Plaxen & Adler, P.A. for help when you are injured
When you are suffering and in pain, Plaxen & Adler, P.A. wants to help. We have successfully represented Baltimore clients in jury trials and settlement negotiations, and we do not back down when the insurance company puts its profits before people. To schedule a no-cost consultation, please call 410.730.8030 or contact us.