Protecting the Rights of Head Injury Victims in Maryland
A trusted source for people with cranial injuries in Baltimore, Columbia and beyond
The human skull is pretty tough; it has to be, as it houses some of the body’s most delicate organs, muscles and tissues. Sustaining a head injury in an accident could lead to long-term or permanent injuries which make day-to-day living more difficult for you and your loved ones.
Plaxen Adler Muncy, P.A. offers hope to personal injury victims in Baltimore and throughout the state who have sustained serious and permanent head injuries. Our experienced team of attorneys works with medical professionals and experts to document your injuries, and we do not back down in the face of insurance companies who put their profits before people.
Serious head injuries
Plaxen Adler Muncy, P.A. offers a wide range of services and support for people who have sustained serious head injuries. Some of the more common types of cases we take include:
- Traumatic brain injuries. A traumatic brain injury is usually the result of a sharp blow to the head, such as hitting your head on the air bag in a car accident or hitting your head on the ground after a fall. Damage to the brain is always serious, and could have long-term effects on a person’s cognitive and motor skills, or be the cause of a person’s untimely death.
- Traumatic eye injuries. Sometimes a TBI results in blindness; sometimes, it is the result of negligence. Employers who fail to provide proper safety equipment, defective contact lens, botched LASIK eye surgery and chemical burns may all result in partial, total, temporary or permanent blindness.
- Traumatic ear injuries. A person who works in a loud environment could lose his or her hearing if proper safety equipment is not provided. You can also lose your hearing as the result of a TBI, or if something sharp penetrates the ear drum during an accident.
- Blood clots. Blood clots can be fatal, and may cause a stroke, a brain aneurysm, blindness or even death. Certain dangerous drugs increase a person’s risk of developing blood clots, as do injuries to the head. In some cases, a blood clot may travel from another part of the body into the cranial region.
- Nose and throat injuries. Inhaling dangerous chemicals can cause irreparable damage to your airways, just as physical trauma to these regions can lead to permanent disfigurement, or difficulty speaking or eating.
At Plaxen Adler Muncy, P.A. we understand that the words “head injury” imply a wide range of illnesses, injuries and conditions that could have been prevented. We also believe that the people responsible for your injuries, whether they are pharmaceutical companies selling dangerous drugs or a distracted driver who caused an accident, must be held accountable for their actions and their negligence. We are relentless in our pursuit of justice for our clients, because we know that you deserve the most amount of compensation you can obtain – and that you need that compensation so you can begin the healing process without the additional stress of medical bills and pain.
Compassionate personal injury lawyers protecting your future
A serious head injury can have a lasting effect on you and your loved ones. Plaxen Adler Muncy, P.A. has helped families in Baltimore and throughout Maryland obtain the help they need after a serious accident. We invite you to contact a Maryland head injury lawyer by calling 410-730-7737 or by filling out the contact form, and scheduling an appointment at one of our offices.