Plaxen Adler Muncy, P.A.
10211 Wincopin Cir, Suite 620
Columbia, MD 21044
Phone: (410) 730-7737
Experienced Columbia, MD Injury Attorneys by Your Side
Help for injury and malpractice victims when you need it most
After a serious personal injury at work, in a hospital or in a public place, you may feel overwhelmed and under-prepared to handle the new challenges in your life. At Plaxen Adler Muncy, P.A., we understand how frightened and anxious you must feel. That is why our lawyers have spent their entire working lives protecting the rights and futures of injury victims throughout Maryland. From our home office in Columbia, we help people just like you begin the healing process by fighting for the compensation you need to protect yourself and your family.
You do not have to suffer through an injury alone. Plaxen Adler Muncy, P.A. has the skills, experience and resources you want on your side. We advocate for our clients in courtrooms and in settlement negotiations, so you can focus your efforts on your health and your future.
Columbia, Maryland turns 50
After 28 years in our Century Plaza location, we moved to Lakeside in 2013.
Columbia, one of the oldest planned communities, and often ranked as one of the best places to live, in the United States, turned 50 in 2017. Founded by developer James Rouse in 1967, the first 50 years of Columbia's existence have embodied Rouse's vision of a diverse community, "free of the blight of cities and sterility of suburbs." The redevelopment of downtown Columbia included a Whole Foods Market, two new office buildings, One Merriweather and Two Merriweather, which are home to MedStar Health's new headquarters, and three new apartment buildings.
How can we help?
Plaxen Adler Muncy, P.A. protects the rights and best interests of people who have been injured, through no fault of their own. Our dedicated team ofattorneys has successfully represented Columbia residents and visitors in cases involving:
- Auto accidents. With nearly 100,000 people living in Columbia, MD, many of them commuting to Baltimore or Washington D.C., your chances of being involved in a car, truck or motorcycle crash are high. We help you obtain the compensation you need to pay your bills, handle your medical expenses and care for your family’s future after a motor vehicle crash.
- Premises liability. When you are injured on someone else’s property, you may be entitled to compensation for your injuries. We take on complex premises liability cases involving dog bites, slip-and-falls, and defective elevators and escalators.
- Product liability. A product with a poor design or a manufacturing defect can cause serious injuries to consumers. If you were injured or made ill by a defective product, Plaxen Adler Muncy, P.A. can help protect your rights.
- Medical malpractice. Doctors and hospitals must be held to a different standard of care. When they fail to provide that care, or are negligent in their treatment of you or your loved one, you may be able to file a medical malpractice lawsuit against them. Our lawyers can help explain how medical malpractice lawsuits work, and determine whether you have a claim if you were injured by a negligent doctor, a contaminated injection or by unsafe practices. We also represent families whose children suffered a birth trauma during delivery.
- Workers’ compensation. You have the right to expect a safe working environment. In 2015, the Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that 69 people lost their lives in a work-related accident. At Plaxen Adler Muncy, P.A., we help injury victims through the workers’ compensation process, and protect their families in the event of a tragic loss.
- Social Security Disability. The SSDI application process can be complicated, especially for people who have no experience filing for benefits. We help you file your claim, and assist those whose SSD benefits have been denied by filing an appeal.
Common questions about Maryland personal injury
If you have suffered an injury because of the negligence of another person, such as in a car accident, a preventable medical error, or a workplace accident, you may have grounds for legal action against them. You can speak to an experienced Columbia personal injury attorney at the law firm of Plaxen Adler Muncy. We offer free, no obligation consultations to those who have been injured who wish to discuss their legal options. The following are some common questions about Maryland personal injury:
How do personal injury attorneys get paid?
Personal injury attorneys are generally compensated on a contingency fee basis. The client does not pay a retainer up front; rather, the lawyer is paid a percentage of the settlement or the verdict.
What is negligence?
The Legal Information Institute defines negligence as, "A failure to behave with the level of care that someone of ordinary prudence would have exercised under the same circumstances." In a civil society, each of us owes a duty of care to one another to behave in ways that do not put our fellow human beings in danger. Some people's duty of care is established by their relationship to another person such as a doctor to their patient, a lawyer to their client and one driver to the other drivers on the road.
What damages are available in a personal injury claim?
If you win a personal injury claim whether it was a settlement with the insurance company of the at-fault party or through a jury verdict, you may be able to recover the following damages to compensate you for your injuries and other losses:
- Medical expenses, current and future medical care related to the accident injury
- Lost wages, past and future
- Diminished earning capacity
- Pain and suffering
How long do I have to file a lawsuit in Maryland?
The legal time limit for filing a personal injury lawsuit in Maryland is called the statute of limitations, which is generally but not always three years. However, we recommend you hire a lawyer as soon as possible after your injury to deal with the insurance carriers as you recover. Workers Compensation claims have a shorter limit and stricter notice requirements.
You have enough to worry about after you sustained an injury; at Plaxen Adler Muncy, P.A., our Maryland personal injury attorneys strive to create a stress-free environment in which to tell your story, and to resolve your case in as timely a manner as possible without sacrificing what is best for you.
Contact our Columbia, Maryland office today to make an appointment
The legal team at Plaxen Adler Muncy, P.A. provides comprehensive care for personal injury victims in Columbia and throughout Maryland. When your illness or injury makes it impossible to come to our office, we will gladly come to you. To schedule a free initial consultation, please call 410.730.7737 or fill out our convenient contact form.