Trusted Maryland Auto Accident Lawyers on Your Side
Zealous representation for people injured in collisions with cars, trucks, motorcycles and other vehicles
After a collision with another vehicle (or vehicles), you’re going to have a number of questions: will my insurance pay for this? Should I seek medical care? Are my kids alright? Am I going to need a lawyer?
The answers to those questions may be impossible to determine on your own. That is why Plaxen Adler Muncy, PA has helped countless Maryland accident victims through the injury claim process. We ensure that your rights are upheld and protected, handle the insurance companies, and try your case in court if necessary when litigation is required to obtain the best possible outcome for you. We even handle the rental car company, so you can focus on getting well, and protecting your family’s future.
What Plaxen Adler Muncy, P.A. can do for you
A car accident could leave you injured and in need of our assistance. You may need help getting medical care, getting your vehicle fixed, securing a rental vehicle and obtaining reimbursement for lost wages, as well as compensation for your pain, suffering, aggravation and inconvenience.
What should you bring to your meeting with a lawyer?
Investigations into an accident are not always clear-cut. There are a few pieces of information that you will need in order to make a successful claim for damages after an auto accident. If it’s possible to bring them with you to your initial meeting, it will help move the process along – but a member of our team can help you obtain them if you are having trouble getting them on your own.
Here’s what you will need:
- Your insurance information and the insurance information of the other driver
- A list of health care providers that have treated your injuries
- A copy of the police report or exchange of information form (if available at the time)
- Any paperwork which proves you have lost wages, or spent time away from work, during your recovery
- Pictures of your injuries, your vehicle, the other vehicle and the surrounding areas near the crash (if available)
We know that you might feel overwhelmed after a crash, especially if you have suffered a serious injury, or if your loved one died as a result of the crash. We want you to rest easier knowing that you are in good hands with our team, and that we will do everything we can to protect you, your family and your future.
What should you know before filing a claim for compensation?
Generally speaking, but not always, you have three years from the date you were injured in order to file a personal injury claim in Maryland. Some cases have a shorter notice provision so contact us as early as possible. If you were in a crash or collision of some kind, you should speak to an attorney soon after the accident. Make no mistake: your insurance company is in the business of making money, not paying out claims, and they will do whatever they can to bar you from recovering damages if you are in a crash.
Handling simple and complex accident cases in Maryland
As one of the premier auto accident law firms in Maryland, we have handled some of the most complex cases there are. We have developed a reputation for the work that we do, and are often referred by other firms who do not have the resources to handle these types of claims. We routinely work with people who have sustained injuries because of:
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Commercial truck collisions
- Bicycle and pedestrian collisions
- Multi-vehicle crashes
- Drunk drivers
- Distracted drivers
- Fatigued drivers
- Uninsured or underinsured motorists
The rise of ride-sharing apps like Uber and Lyft have added new issues of liability when it comes to collisions. We are prepared to help clients in claims against Uber or Lyft and their drivers.
Common auto accident injuries
Every auto accident is different and there are countless ways a person can become injured when they are involved in a motor vehicle collision. Here are some of the common types of injuries from car accidents:
- Traumatic brain injury (TBI). A TBI is a serious head injury, the symptoms of which do not always appear right away. However, the effects of a traumatic brain injury can be devastating and long lasting.
- Back and neck injury. The trauma from the impact of an auto accident can cause serious injury to the back and neck, which can require surgery and rest in order to recover.
- Spinal cord injury. While the spinal cord is strong enough to support the entire body, its intricate structures are delicate. When the spinal cord is damaged it can lead to loss of function and sensation in parts of the body below the point of injury.
- Injury to internal organs. The internal organs can sometimes suffer from puncture wounds from broken bones or mangled objects in the wreckage after the crash. A perforated bowel or punctured lung could be life threatening and requires emergency medical attention, as can undetected internal bleeding.
- Facial injuries. The sudden smack of the face against the airbag, dashboard, steering wheel or the window in the case of a side-impact crash can fracture the bones in the face and jaw. Cuts, scrapes and lacerations from broken glass and bruises can occur from flying debris in the vehicle.
- PTSD, anxiety and depression. The emotional toll of surviving an auto accident should not be underestimated. Seeing the accident happen and experiencing the fear of wondering if you will survive, seeing the blood and injuries of the other passengers and maybe even losing a loved one in the crash can cause deep, psychological wounds for accident victims.
Bringing a claim against a common carrier
A common carrier is any person or company which transports other people (as well as goods) from one place to another. These types of claims are often challenging, because of the number of claimants involved, and because liability may be shared by both the operator and his or her company. Plaxen Adler Muncy, PA has represented clients throughout Maryland who have sustained injuries while they were passengers on:
Whether you were hurt on an MTA bus, a MARC train or while flying in or out of BWI, we have the skills and resources to help. Common carrier companies have some of the most aggressive lawyers there are, and they will do what they can to avoid compensating you for your injuries. You deserve to have a team on your side who will fight back even harder in order to protect your best interests.
Learn more about Maryland auto accidents
Get more information regarding car accidents in Maryland from our auto accident attorneys.
Comprehensive counsel for Maryland auto accident victims
If you have been injured in a collision with another car, truck, motorcycle, common carrier or a stationary object, Plaxen Adler Muncy, P.A. wants to help. For more than 35 years, we have been the premier personal injury law firm serving clients in Baltimore, Columbia and throughout the state. To reserve a free consultation, please call at 410-730-7737 or fill out our contact form.