Baltimore Auto Accident Attorneys Protecting the Rights of Clients Injured in Collisions
Skilled injury attorneys representing injured clients throughout Maryland
When you have suffered a serious injury in a car crash, you may be wondering what your rights are when it comes to recovering compensation for your injuries. If the crash was caused by someone else’s negligence you may be able to file a claim against the insurance company or even a lawsuit in order to recover damages for your injuries and losses. Do you really need to hire an attorney?
At Plaxen & Adler, P.A., our Baltimore auto accident lawyers have many years of experience helping clients just like you who have been hurt because of someone else’s negligence, and they are looking for fair compensation for their losses. Working with a skilled auto accident attorney usually ensures that you will receive a far better settlement than you would be able to negotiate on your own without legal representation. We go up against the big insurance companies every day. We know how to get results for our clients.
Types of auto accidents
There are countless types of motor vehicle accidents that occur every day in the United States. Some of the most common types include:
- Rear-end collision. One of the most common types of car accidents, rear-end crashes are usually caused by the inattention of the driver in the rear. Whether they are distracted by a cell phone, rubber-necking, or distracted by something going on within the vehicle, fault is almost always attributed to the driver of the vehicle in the rear.
- Head-on collision. Head-on collisions are often the most serious, especially at high rates of speed.
- T-bone or broadside crash. Also called a side impact collision, it occurs when one vehicle crashes right into the side of another. Injuries can be more severe in broadside crashes because the sides of passenger vehicles are not able to absorb as much of the energy of the crash as the front or back end would.
- Sideswipe. When two vehicles traveling parallel to one another smash into each other, the injuries are typically not severe.
- Rollover accident. Usually caused by taking a tight turn at a high rate of speed, any vehicle can rollover. However, some SUVs with a higher center of gravity have more of a tendency to rollover than cars that are lower to the ground.
- Multi-vehicle or chain reaction crashes. Three or more vehicles crashing into one another in a chain reaction often have deadly consequences. Multi-car pileups often take place on highways due to poor weather conditions.
- Hit-and-run accidents. Every state has laws that require motorists to remain on the scene of an accident, call law enforcement and render aid if necessary to anyone who has been injured. A person who has caused a crash or has been involved in a collision and they leave the scene may be charged with a criminal offense.
Ways in which a Baltimore car accident lawyer can help you
When you have suffered a serious injury in a car crash, which causes you to lose time from work in order to recuperate, a Baltimore auto accident attorney from Plaxen & Adler, P.A. is a strong advocate who will pursue fair compensation for the losses you suffered in the accident.
Our first task is to investigate the crash and determine who is at fault. We review police reports, photographs, witness statements, surveillance video and documentation as we prepare your claim.
One of the principal ways in which our Baltimore car accident attorneys help you is in obtaining the following types of compensation:
- Medical expenses
- Lost wages (past and future)
- Diminished earning capacity
- Pain, suffering and inconvenience
- Emotional damages
After you have been involved in a car accident, you will have many questions about what to do next. We will be there not only to represent you, but to support you through this challenging process.
Baltimore collision attorneys you can trust to fight for your right to compensation
When you have been injured in a car crash, you may have several questions about what to do next. Talk to one of our personal injury attorneys at Plaxen & Adler, P.A., who are dedicated to protecting the rights of those injured in car crashes caused by the negligence of others. We are a premier personal injury law firm in Baltimore. You are welcome to call at 410.988.4449 or fill out our contact form to schedule a consultation.