Skilled Maryland Car Accident Lawyers Help You Protect Your Future
Help for families move forward after a serious car accident
Indian Head Highway (or Route 210) has been referred to as a the “Highway of Death.” U.S. 29 saw multiple accidents, some fatal, in 2017. Gwynns Falls Parkway at Reisterstown Road was named the most dangerous intersection in the state in 2015, because there were 46 crashes at that Baltimore intersection that year.
Whether you are cruising down a highway or dealing with stop-and-go traffic on local roads, if you live in Maryland, the chances are good you will experience a car accident at some point. If you sustain injuries in that crash, you want a legal team on your side who knows how to protect and uphold your rights. For more than 30 years, Plaxen & Adler, P.A. has offered honest, practical advice for car accident victims in Maryland. If you have been hurt in a crash, let us help you.
The most common injuries resulting from car crashes
No two accidents are the same, so it makes sense that no two people will suffer the same injuries. However, certain types of injuries are more likely to occur, depending on the type and severity of the crash. Our firm regularly handles cases involving:
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Closed head injuries
- Internal organ damage
- Neck injuries, such as herniated disc
- Back injuries, such as herniated discs
- Non-paralytic spinal cord injuries
- Temporary, permanent, partial and total paralysis, resulting from trauma to the spine
- Permanent disfigurement from scars or lacerations
- Loss of limb
- Permanent loss of vision or hearing
- Connective tissue injuries, including soft tissue injuries such as sprains and strains
No matter what kind of injury you have sustained, we can help you obtain the compensation you need and deserve. Our injury lawyers ensure that your medical bills and daily expenses are paid, and that person or people responsible for your injuries are held accountable.
Insurance concerns facing car accident victims in Maryland
At Plaxen & Adler, P.A., we believe that superior service in trial or in settlement negotiations is only part of the plan; to that end, our Maryland car accident lawyers make it a point to provide our clients with the information they need to make informed decisions about their future. We assist you with any issues concerning:
- Personal Injury Protection. Most people have personal injury protection (PIP) included in their automobile insurance policies. This is coverage that will pay up to a certain sum of money, usually $2,500 or as much as $10,000, for medical expenses and lost wages. If you have PIP coverage on your vehicle, you can use it with no risk of your insurance premiums going up. If you do not have PIP coverage, we will look for other ways to get it. We process your PIP paperwork at no charge to you.
- Defendant’s Insurance: We will track down the person who hit you, and immediately contact their insurance company. Oftentimes, we can solve your problems very quickly. We will deal with the insurance company so that they do not bother you, and we will keep them updated about the progress of your case as necessary.
- Your Insurance: To the extent that the defendant is uninsured, or does not have enough insurance to pay for your injuries, we will work with your insurance company to secure benefits for you under your uninsured or underinsured motorist benefits.
Dealing with property damage after a car crash
Our firm can also help when you sustain property damage to your vehicle. If your car or motorcycle requires repairs, we can help to get your repairs paid for. If your car is severely damaged and totaled, we can advise you about the value of your vehicle, and can negotiate that value with the insurance company. If you need a rental car while your vehicle is in the shop, we can assist you with that, too.
Clients often ask us if they have to bring their car to the insurance company’s recommended mechanic or repair shop. Under some circumstances, this may be the case – but that does not mean you cannot seek estimates from your local mechanic, or from other body shops in the area. If there is a vast discrepancy between what the insurer’s choice says about the damage to your vehicle, and what the other shops estimate the damage to be, we will fight to have you reimbursed for those additional costs.
When you need options, we help to provide them. At Plaxen & Adler, P.A., we pride ourselves on really listening to our clients’ needs and goals, and working together to create choices that work in your best interest.
How our Maryland car accident lawyers can help
We routinely represent clients who have experienced all manner of health conditions as a result of any kind of car accident. We work with your doctors to document your injuries and the results they have had on you and your family, and on occasion may bring in an accident reconstructionist to help juries understand how the accident happened and why. We also know what is an acceptable offer of settlement, and can recognize when the insurance company is being unfair. In the few instances when we cannot reach an out of court settlement, we will fight hard for you in court to ensure the best possible outcome.
Maryland car accident lawyers you can trust to protect you and your loved ones
Dealing with the effects of a serious car accident is hard; choosing the right Maryland car accident lawyer to represent your interests need not be. Plaxen & Adler, P.A. creates options for auto accident victims in Baltimore, Columbia and throughout Maryland after a serious injury threatens to alter their lives forever. Please call at 410.988.4449 or fill out our contact form to schedule a consultation.